Thursday, September 10, 2009

Tim Rogers @ Heritage Hotel, Bulli


This was the last gig I shot at, and I'd be mad not to post a photo from it. Last friday, september 4th Tim played at The Heritage Hotel in Bulli (near Wollongong) to an intimate crowd.
I don't know if it's just me making weird comparisons again (see my Darran Coredeux and Dave Larkin comparison) but Tim reminds me of the 1960's left-wing folk singer Phil Ochs; they're both acoustic artists that use witty banter when they play live, except Phil is more about mocking politicians and Tim just makes comments about the crowd, or anything really.
It's probably the closest I'll get to seeing Phil Ochs live so that makes me happy.
Anyway, it was a great gig with a great set list. I don't think I've ever heard Berlin Chair acoustic before - I like it.

More photos can be found at www.thedwarf.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment